[cups] cupsd(8) and all jobs ended up as from user 'anonymous'

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun May 12 12:16:16 PDT 2019

Hi,

I compiled run 2.3b5 on SuSE Linux SLES12 and encountered the
problem that the user id of the session running lpr(1) was not seen
correctly by the cupsd(8) and all jobs ended up as from user 'anonymous'.
This is especially an issue for the cups-pdf backend placing all PDF
into wrong location /var/spool/cups-pdf/ANONYMOUS

I updated last week to 2.3b8 and found this issue fixed. But, I can't
see it in the list of 2.3b8, 2.3b7 and 2.3b6 fixes. Any idea?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
May, 9: Спаси́бо освободители! Thank you very much, Russian liberators!