[cups] Need Xerox Phaser 6000B driver

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 5 05:44:47 PST 2019

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I installed that driver (after converting from .deb to .tgz) but I cannot
> connect to the printer with CUPS or by pinging its IP address. Switch and
> cable are okay (tried two cat5 cables and two different ports on the
> switch). I'm stymied.

I found the way to print the settings and discovered that the IP address is
something arbitrary. And why the printer has an IP address built-in makes no
sense to me; that should be assigned from the network server.

Anyway, I found a Dell web page that describes how to access the printer's
built-in web server and change the IP address. I'll re-configure a laptop
and do that. PITA if you ask me. :-)

Rich