[cups] Need Xerox Phaser 6000B driver

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 5 11:23:40 PST 2019

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Anyway, I found a Dell web page that describes how to access the printer's
> built-in web server and change the IP address. I'll re-configure a laptop
> and do that. PITA if you ask me. :-)

Actually, that's not necessary. Assuming the cdrom disk that came with the
printer had windows and mac drivers I tossed it; didn't look for a user
guide. Found the user guide with a web search and used the step-by-step
directions to put in the correct IP address, netmask, and gateway.

Then I discovered that the Xerox Phaser 6000B driver is 32-bit only.
Overlooked that in the file name. Mea culpa!

Installed all the slackware multilib libraries, rebooted the desktop, and
the printer works.

Thanks all,

Rich