[cups] No duplex on Konica C364

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Thu Sep 12 02:34:37 PDT 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Bob Burton wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> I am running on both Linux (CUPS 2.2.7) and Mac (CUPS 2.2.9) platforms.
>
> Print jobs are authenticated with PaperCut.
>
> Duplex works fine on my Brother printers for all platforms.
>
> Honestly, I can't even verify that duplex ever worked for the Konica
> printers under CUPS.  It's most likely never been a problem because until
> now most users accessed these printers via Windows.  (Some kind of fad is
> sweeping through our grad assistant population--they keep coming up with
> cheap old beater laptops and installing Ubuntu on them.)

So your clients print to a Windows papercut-server?

My problem is with a cups-server which will be a secondary papercut server.
We're trying to use authentication (kerberos or AD), works fine with Linux
clients, but with Mac clients options like duplex gets lost...somewhere.

Does it work specifying number of copies or switching between b/w & color?

I don't think my problem is related to printer model, because I'm testing on
two multifuncs, one Kyocera and one Samsung and it's the same problem on both.

-Johan Bengtsson