[cups] No duplex on Konica C364

Bob Burton bobburton at math.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 16 09:42:01 PDT 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Bob Burton wrote:

Hi Johan,

> So your clients print to a Windows papercut-server?

The papercut server is running on Debian 8.5.   The windows clients seem to
be fine with it.

> My problem is with a cups-server which will be a secondary papercut
server.
> We're trying to use authentication (kerberos or AD), works fine with Linux
> clients, but with Mac clients options like duplex gets lost...somewhere.

We authenticate to an LDAP server running OpenLDAP.  Works for all three
clients--Windows/Linux/OSX.

> Does it work specifying number of copies or switching between b/w & color?

Specifying number of copies works.  They're b/w printers--no color.

--
Bob Burton
IT Support Analyst
520-626-8203 -- bobburton at math.arizona.edu

The chief cause of problems is solutions.
—Richard Sennett