[cups] Deleted printers still showing

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:36:51 PST 2020

Follow up:

These are not extras that did not delete when I deleted the originals.
What transpired was the I was experimenting with several way to access a
parallel port card and had created several printers using "_rn6" at the
end of their names.  "_rn6" is the host name of the computer.

What I "thought" were un-deleted printers was actually the name cups
tacks on to a printer that is shared on the network.   Cups was also
using my host name.  And it took me several day to realize I was looking
at a "coincidence".  "cupsGetDests2" in its "ultimate  wisdom" list both
the local name and the shared name:

Cups-PDF   <-- local printer name
Cups_PDF_rn6 <-- shared name

Virtual_PDF_Printer  <-- local printer name
Virtual_PDF_Printer_rn6  <--shared name