[cups] User authentication failed

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu Jan 30 06:36:15 PST 2020

Hi,

El 30/1/20 a les 14:32, Jose Maria Montenegro Martos ha escrit:
> Hello all.
>
> I have been trying to configure a Konica Minolta bizhub C224e printer and
> everything works fine with CUPS. This is a shared printer and every user
> has a username and password.

in the printer?

so, every linux user has a local CUPS server that connects to the printer with
the permissions? think that if this two different users share the same CUPS
server they can see the login information of each other.

or, if you are printing and I made a login to your box and execute a ps I think
that also they appears.

Using the configuration that Konica Minolta
> offers for Linux users, there is a place where a username and password can
> be set up. However, my username is my full name that includes three words
> separated by blank spaces. I do not know if CUPS does not permit it, but
> trying to write my name with the spaces does not work and although the
> printer detect that a document has been sent for printing, it does not
> allow to print it out.
> I have tried with %20, "", _, \, but nothing works.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

1) change the user name maybe helps.
2) we use papercut to control the authentication and then the printer only
accept connection from that box. Playing a bit with the auth options you should
be able to do it.

Hope this helps,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia