[cups] User authentication failed

Jose Maria Montenegro Martos jmmontenegro at uma.es
Thu Jan 30 05:32:41 PST 2020

Hello all.

I have been trying to configure a Konica Minolta bizhub C224e printer and
everything works fine with CUPS. This is a shared printer and every user
has a username and password. Using the configuration that Konica Minolta
offers for Linux users, there is a place where a username and password can
be set up. However, my username is my full name that includes three words
separated by blank spaces. I do not know if CUPS does not permit it, but
trying to write my name with the spaces does not work and although the
printer detect that a document has been sent for printing, it does not
allow to print it out.
I have tried with %20, "", _, \, but nothing works.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jose