[cups] IPP printing on brother MFC-L2710DN spits out blank pages

Brian Potkin claremont102 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:00:32 PDT 2020

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 00:10, Fina Wilke <fina at felinira.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange issue. Using cups and the IPP protocol every time I
> print out a document on my Brother MFC-L2710DN via network the printer
> spits out an infinite amount of blank pages in duplex mode until I
> press the abort button.
>
> I can configure the printer with lpd just fine - I would prefer IPP
> because it is built in everywhere and doesn't require me to install
> drivers.
>
> How do I debug this issue? It works fine with an iOS device and
> AirPrint. Is this a bug in cups, an issue with my configuration (I
> didn't configure anything, the printer is added by cups-browsed), or an
> issue with my printer/printer configuration?
>
> I attached the output of some commands, maybe this is useful to
> someone.

Which OS and version? Which version of cups-browsed?

Set up this print queue:

lpadmin -p L2710 -v ipp://Brother%20MFC-L2710DN._ipp._tcp.local -E -m everywhere

Can you print to L2710?

Also, please give the output of (as root)

cupsfilter -p /etc/cups/ppd/THE_BROTHER_PPD -m printer/foo -e
--list-filters /etc/nsswitch.conf

Regards,

Brian.