[cups] Trying to work around Canon MF743cdw driver bugs on MacOS Catalina

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Fri May 15 06:00:28 PDT 2020

> Am 15.05.2020 um 10:24 schrieb Brian Demsky <bdemsky at gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks.  Here it is.  Apologize for the compression, but the list has a size limit on posts.  The defective program appears to be the (binary) file capdftopdl.
>
> Brian

Never mind for the off list post – I’m used to such list problems.

But, could you please run a test with the cups filter utility from the command line, such as

cupsfilter -P /etc/cups/ppd/your_printer.ppd -m application/octet-stream your_failing_pdf > your_failing.tmp

where
your_printer		denotes the cups queue name of your canon printer
your_failing_pdf 	denotes the pdf file that exhibits the issue

Please post the lines the cupsfilter utility writes to the Terminal off the list to me and
attach the your_failing.tmp file as well.

The problem for me is that the printer only accepts Canon’s proprietary UFR II pdl, so it is nearly impossible for me
to judge the capdftopdl filter’s output without having the real printer installed.

Helge