[cups] Trying to work around Canon MF743cdw driver bugs on MacOS Catalina

Brian Demsky bdemsky at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:25:12 PDT 2020

The command doesn’t seem to find the printer specific filter for some reason.

bash-3.2$ cupsfilter -P /etc/cups/ppd/Canon_MF741C_743C__cb_df_25___25___cb_df_25___2___cb_df_25___2_.ppd -m application/octet-stream oopsla2019-lapor.pdf
cupsfilter: No filter to convert from application/pdf to application/octet-stream.

Brian