[cups] Trying to work around Canon MF743cdw driver bugs on MacOS Catalina

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Thu May 21 01:29:07 PDT 2020

> Am 19.05.2020 um 01:58 schrieb Brian Demsky <bdemsky at gmail.com>:
>
> I think I figured out a solution to b&w printing….  I have a pdf based PPD file that uses the cupsColorSpace options…. That seems to work.
>
> Brian

I think I’ve found the real solution:
I’m writing and testing a filter which will be set up via the *cupsPreFilter keyword in the printer’s PPD
and thus avoid more modifications of the PPD and other filters.

Tests will be completed within the next few days, ans I think this may be useful as well for a variety of
other printers which pretend (or really do) to accept PDF as PDL.

Helge