[cups] Cups-PDF & a few problems

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Sep 21 11:29:30 PDT 2020

Steve,

Thanks for your help.  Switching off :

#BrowsePoll localhost

solved the problem.

Thanks,

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Root <steve at rkbb.co.uk>
To: The CUPS user discussion list. <cups at cups.org>
Subject: Re: [cups] Cups-PDF & a few problems
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 14:21:42 +0100

I don't use CentOS, but I recall getting confused by Ubuntu/Sambaautomatically finding and
installing printers on the network.Maybe when you create a printer, CentOS is later finding
and creating a newqueue for similar reasons
Switching it off was a config setting in samba iircI don't recall if it actually caused me
any problems though (other thanconfusing me)
--Steve RootRoots Kitchens Bedrooms Bathroomswww.rkbb.co.uk
01227 751130
Kent's only finalist in *Bathroom Designer of the Year 2018*Awarded* Best of Houzz Customer
Service* 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019Geberit Awards *Winner *- Best Domestic Bathroom Installer
2015Roots are proud to offer "Zero to Landfill" with all our building waste