[cups] CUPS server, Mac clients, print options?

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Wed Apr 14 07:29:43 PDT 2021

I have a CUPS-server (IPP-Everywhere queues) thats works well for Linux
clients.

Macs can print, but if the queue is authenticated, most options like Duplex,
ColorModel etc. will not be sent from client and the job will be printed with
default options. Now I'm seeing the same problem with non-authenticated
queues...

Does anyone have an IPP-Everywhere CUPS-server thats works properly with Mac
OS clients?

Can anyone describe how these options are sent from the client to the server?
I know about the /var/spool/cups/c* files and I can read them with testipp.

The Mac client is Big Sur, the server is Ubuntu 20x. I've had the same prob.
with older OS-versions.

-Johan Bengtsson
----
Systemadministratör - Chalmers IT-avdelning
Tel: 6734  https://www.chalmers.se/it