[cups] HP OfficeJet Pro 9012 - receiving job, but quits

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Tue Apr 13 10:28:30 PDT 2021

Hallo Michael,

ad 1)
	nothing wrong, afaik.
	It happened to me as well recently, I got a 441 smtp response after 4 hours (destination server didn’t respond)
	and a 447 response 5 days later, so I guess there has been  (or still is) something wrong with the list server.

ad 2)

Thanks for the job log. From the processing point of view everything looks OK, but there is one message
that may be a hint to the failure:

**** Error: Too many pages in Page tree.

This message indicates that there is a structural deficiency in the respective PDF file.

Unfortunately the log gives no hint which of the filters in action generated this message, so there are
only tow choices:

(1)	the input PDF is wrong
(2) 	the output of the pdftopdf filter is wrong

The result of the PDF error obviously is that the gstoraster filter created no or a rudimentary
raster stream which forced the printer’s firmware to abort the job.

To further be after the issue, I’d suggest to send me the input PDF off the list; I’d test it
on both MacOS  (10.15) and on Linux (Peppermint 10).

Helge