[cups] Tea4Cups question

serando serando at sunrise.ch
Sat May 8 06:24:26 PDT 2021

Hello altogether

I know, that this is not the Tea4Cups mailing list. But I have already
asked another question in the Tea4Cups mailing list and it looks like
the Tea4Cups mailing list is dead.

This new question (see below) I have already asked on another place, but
did not get help.
So I allow me to ask here.

My system: MX Linux 19.4 (Debian 10 based)

cups Version: [2.2.10-6+deb10u4]

cups-tea4cups Version: [3.14~alpha0+svn3576-1]

I am new in cups and Tea4Cups. So to find out how Tea4Cups could work, I
have just tried to create a simple test- prehook. But I have already
failed with it.

Issue: My simple test-Tea4Cups prehook does not work

In short: I have added a prehook with a print command. My expectation
was, that with the help of this prehook it will print. But it is just a
job, that hangs in the virtual queue. What do I miss?

Here is what I have done in detail:

Step 0: I own a simple HP Envy printer connected via usb. It works with
HPLIP.
This is my normal hardware HPLIP printer:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-d0d91d-1619199109.jpg.html

Step 1: Added the file /home/user/loschcups.txt

Step 2: I have edited the file /etc/cups/tea4cups.conf . Only added the
following two lines:
|[HP-Envy-5540_Tear4Cups]
|||prehook_2 : lp -d ENVY-5540-series loschcups.txt||

Step 3: Command in a terminal:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-cce161-1619199149.jpg.html

Step 4: Adding a new printer, ppd, queue:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-7c6443-1619199170.jpg.html
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-3c0aab-1619199191.jpg.html
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-25c2a2-1619199201.jpg.html
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-745aaa-1619199220.jpg.html
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-804320-1619199231.jpg.html

Step 5:
-Open the text editor "Featherpad".
-Write in the charcter "g"
-Choosing the Tea4Cups printer.
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-dfedf2-1619199242.jpg.html

Step 6: Pressing the "print" button.

My expectation was, that now it will print the document
/home/user/loschcups.txt. But nothing happens. When I go to
menu->printer->Show print queue, then I get this:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-4c4e6f-1619528138.jpg.html
(German: Status: paused)

Please note: I have not paused this job. Nothing happens. The queue of
my real printer is empty.

Here is my Log-file:
https://workupload.com/file/nK4UVTt8k2H

Here is my Tea4Cups.conf: