[cups] Tea4Cups question

serando serando at sunrise.ch
Thu May 13 08:53:56 PDT 2021

Hello Helge

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have used the same print queue in both cases.

I have gotten also different results, relating to the position of the
character "8", when I take this two different printing methods:
A) Open my terminal and type in the command "lp -d ENVY-5540-series
/home/user/loschcups.txt"
B) Open Featherpad-> open the file loschcups.txt -> print it with:
Featherpad->menu->File->print->ENVY-5540-series->print

As you can see: I have printed the same file with the same printer. But
in A) I print it via terminal and in B) I print it via Featherpad software.
In A) the "8" is in the left upper corner.
In B) the "8" has more distance from the upper edge of the paper and
from the left edge of the paper.

Here is my loschcups.txt:
https://workupload.com/file/3xET9PhH8W2

Why lead this two printing methods [ A) and B) ] to different printing
results? And what can I do, to get the same printing result with A) like
I get with B) ?

Serando