[cups] More 1.6.3 stuff...or is it?

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Mon Oct 11 03:12:23 PDT 2021

Am 05.10.21 um 22:02 schrieb Johnnie W Adams:
> Hi, folks,
>
>       Two new things with the newer version of CUPS I didn't expect.
>
>       First, where did all those discovered printers come from when I'm
> setting up a printer? They're both for this host and another host in that
> subnet. Very weird, if not harmful.
>
>       Second, I can't find Local Raw Device as a make and model type any
> more. That's how we set up almost every printer. What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
>       John A

Hi John,

first you see all printers accessable in your LAN (all other Cups,
Windows, Port 9100 Printservers) plus not existing but possible other
types (serial...)

second: for raw printers use Manufacturer "Raw" and "Raw Queue (en)" as
model.

If your cups doesn't know "Raw" you can use lpadmin with "-m" to specify
the model (man lpadmin).

--
cu

jth