[cups] Cups 2.3.3op2-3 (Manjaro) starts print 2mm ABOVE top of page

mick howe mickhowe292 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 18:37:11 PDT 2021

I can't print pages correctly on my network connected Brother MFC
5890CN Printer with A4 paper.
All pages start 2 mm above the top of the paper, ignoring the 20 mm
top margin since
I installed the system early in September 2021. Prior to putting my
computers into storage in November 2020 they behaved correctly except
for GIMP randomly positioning the image when using A3 paper. I never
tried seriously to solve that issue, I couldn't stop loosing my temper
for long enough.