[cups] print into pipe with cups 2.x

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Feb 21 02:36:15 PST 2022

Hello,

On 2022-02-21 10:16, Jörg Thümmler wrote:
> Background: On the 1.x system the pipe URI did contain the
> "cups_pipeprint" named pipe program and the name of the printer,
> which was printing the job after handling in the pipe. I saw,
> typical URIs as "cups_pipeprint&printer=printerxxx"

I don't know about "cups_pipeprint"
but perhaps
https://github.com/jsmeix/cups-backends
might be a possible alternative for you?

It is all pure bash so you could at least adapt and enhance it
as you specifically need it in your particular case.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany