[cups] iOS will No longer print "...do not have permissions..."

Mark Dm markosjal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 01:57:46 PST 2022

I have been running CUPS on Raspberry Pi for some time . I have used it for
Windows machines , Android, and iOS devices when they come to visit or when
I need to use it that way. I never had a problem, it always "just worked".

I took the old Dell 1355 MFP off line  for a month or so. Then I re-
installed it where It was but this time using wired network connection
(which I have used before with the same configuration). I am certain that
iOS  (iPad) updated during this time as well as some probable updates to
the Pi's Raspbian OS.

I have re-installed the printer several times now and get the same annoying
message on iOS devices about not having permissions.

I can print from Android 10 using default print service  or Mopria for
Android

Cups Version 2.2.1

Full Message on pop-up window on iPad:
"DELL Dell 1355CN Color MFP @raspberrrypi

This is an old version of Raspbian
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release:        9.13
Codename:       stretchDistributor ID: Raspbian
Release:        9.13
Codename:       stretch

Thanks for any help in advance

Mark