[cups] Printer pauses a few seconds between each page

Yvan Masson yvan at masson-informatique.fr
Tue Sep 13 05:07:39 PDT 2022

Hi,

My printer is an (old) Epson EPL-6200, USB connected. When I print from
my Debian laptop a multiple pages document, it pauses a few seconds
between each page. It looks like there is one print job per page.

Another user of this printer, also running Debian and who experiments
the same behavior, told me that *once* it printed a 5 pages document all
at once, but it was a PDF printed from Evince whereas most of the time
we print from LibreOffice.

I don’t know where I should look, CUPS is still a thing I do not really
understand. Do you know/guess the reason of this behavior? Can it be
changed?

You will find attached the PPD I use.

Thanks,
Yvan