[cups] LaserJet stopped working

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Tue Apr 11 00:13:52 PDT 2023

Am 11.04.23 um 05:34 schrieb Ken Wright:
> Power-cycled the printer.  Now the server can print, but anything I try
> to print from the laptop still ends up paused.
>
> On Mon, 2023-04-10 at 09:52 -0700, Jim Weill wrote:
>> I'm assuming you have power cycled the printer?
>>
>> What usually worked for me was power cycling the printer and
>> restarting the queue in cups.
>>
>> jim
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 6:21 AM Ken Wright <wizard at koalatyworks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a LaserJet M15a connected to my Ubuntu server via a USB
>>> cable.  The printer is shared, but when I try to print to it the
>>> job just says "pending" and stays that way until it expires.
>>>
>>> Last night I tried printing from the server, and got no results
>>> either.  This time, though, the print jobs (in CUPS) appeared to
>>> work, but there was still no printing.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully accepted!

Hi,

have a look at the print system of the laptop... if it's linux & cups,
look at localhost:631 and "printers". Cups stops print queues when
errors occure by default.
Same may be, if your laptop runs on windows, have a look at the
"settings/devices/printers/<yourprinter>" ... if it is "offline" means
connection to the cups server is somehow lost.

Also check the cups on the server, same thing, queue may be stopped.

--
cu

jth