[cups] LaserJet stopped working

Ken Wright wizard at koalatyworks.com
Wed Apr 12 19:15:31 PDT 2023

On Tue, 2023-04-11 at 09:13 +0200, Jörg Thümmler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> have a look at the print system of the laptop... if it's linux &
> cups, look at localhost:631 and "printers". Cups stops print queues
> when errors occure by default.
> Same may be, if your laptop runs on windows, have a look at the
> "settings/devices/printers/<yourprinter>" ... if it is "offline"
> means connection to the cups server is somehow lost.
>
> Also check the cups on the server, same thing, queue may be stopped.

Now here's an interesting datum:  I can print from the server's command
line using the lp command, but when I try to print a test page from
CUPS (2.4.2, if that helps) nothing prints.  The print job shows
"connecting to printer" then goes away, as though the printing had
finished.  I suspect this may be related to the reason I can't print
from my Ubuntu laptop.

Ken