[cups] lpform failing, password not recognized

Johnnie W Adams jxadams at ualr.edu
Fri Jun 2 07:59:17 PDT 2023

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 2, 2023 at 12:56 AM Jörg Thümmler <listen at vordruckleitverlag.de>
wrote:

> The given err msg I would interprete as cups says "the printer ls139
> doesn't exist on your system".
>
> What do you get when running (as root)
>
>         lpc status ls139
>
> output should be something like:
>
> ls139:
>         printer is on device 'socket' speed -1
>         queuing is enabled
>         printing is enabled
>         no entries
>         daemon present

I get exactly the same results.

> the "Password for <user id> on localhost?" otherwise is what you usually
> get if some authentification error occurs. I saw it, when cups
> (sometimes it does it, no clue why) changed a cups printer's entry (in
> fact a smb printer's) from
>
>         AuthInfoRequired username,password
>
>         AuthInfoRequired negotiate
>
> in printers.conf.

No AuthInfoRequired setting are in printers.conf

There may be a incorrect general setting in cupsd.conf

>         DefaultAuthType Basic
>
> is in mine and it may be more "secure" in yours...

Mine is also set to DefaultAuthType Basic.

--
John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator  | Information Technology Services

Reminder:  IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts.  For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.