[cups] Samsung M2020W - change power-save settings via CUPS

sawbona at xsmail.com sawbona at xsmail.com
Mon May 22 12:11:35 PDT 2023

Hello:

Have CUPS 2.2.10 running under Linux Devuan 5.10.0-0.deb10.16-amd64,
the latest available version in the Devuan repository.

Works just fine, as advertised/expected, right out of the box.

The printer I am using at the moment is a Samsung/HP M2020W,
fortunately (knock wood) without major issues.

Good enough for my modest printing requirements.

But here's the thing ©: according to the User's Manual, the printer's
default power save timer is set to 60s.

As I have my own power save routine (switch on, print and switch off)
the printer's native power-save ends up being a royal nuisancem more
so at 60s.

I have looked all over but cannot find out how to disable or change
this setting via CUPS.

I'd appreciate any pointers on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

JHM