[cups] Samsung M2020W - change power-save settings via CUPS

Jörg Thümmler listen at vordruckleitverlag.de
Mon May 22 22:37:19 PDT 2023

Am 22.05.23 um 21:11 schrieb sawbona at xsmail.com:
> Hello:
>
> Have CUPS 2.2.10 running under Linux Devuan 5.10.0-0.deb10.16-amd64,
> the latest available version in the Devuan repository.
>
> Works just fine, as advertised/expected, right out of the box.
>
> The printer I am using at the moment is a Samsung/HP M2020W,
> fortunately (knock wood) without major issues.
>
> Good enough for my modest printing requirements.
>
> But here's the thing ©: according to the User's Manual, the printer's
> default power save timer is set to 60s.
>
> As I have my own power save routine (switch on, print and switch off)
> the printer's native power-save ends up being a royal nuisancem more
> so at 60s.
>
> I have looked all over but cannot find out how to disable or change
> this setting via CUPS.
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers on how to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
>
> JHM

Hi,

don't think you can manage this in cups. Usually this is a printers
thing. As far as i can see, you can contact your printer via
http://<ip>, because it should have a web administration page. There
will be a function to set PS modes...

https://support.hp.com/de-de/product/samsung-xpress-sl-m2020-laser-printer-series/16462592/manuals
shall give you some information on this topic...

--
cu

jth