[cups] Samsung M2020W - change power-save settings via CUPS

sawbona at xsmail.com sawbona at xsmail.com
Tue May 23 07:37:51 PDT 2023

Hello:

On 23 May 2023 at 11:07, Jörg Thümmler wrote:

> Otherwise you should see your printer here...
After a couple of hours of attempting to get it to work, I decided to
give up.

Really not worth it.
Next printer won't be Samsung or HP.

I am using reloaded toner cartridges as the original cartdrige lasted
a heartbeat and a replacement commanded 'funny money' prices.

If I remember correctly, the chap doing the refilling told me that
the toner reset chip somehow screwed up the M2020W wifi.

So that would be that.

But while I was looking for answers on the web I came across a Linux
package that *could* be a solution: ipp-usb

https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ipp-usb

>From what I understand, it would allow HTTP requests to a USB printer
over the IPP protocol.

Would installing this allow me to see the M2020W with a browser in my
Linux Devuan box?

Would it be worth the hassle?

No idea, I may just decide to bear the auto-save and leave it at
that.

Thank you for your input.

Best,

JHM