[cups] Why are we letting Apple Break printing in Linux?

Mark Dm markosjal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:29:20 PDT 2023

This has to stop.

I recently installed a newer version of CUPS (2.3.3op2) along with a Linux
Install (Debian Bullseye 11). only to find that none of the extra features
like Android Printing , Windows automatic driver download and install do
not seem to work any longer.

Apple no longer claims to use CUPS so it is now only a part of Linux? So we
leave the fox to guard the hen house?

I question the CUPS relationship with Apple and where it has brought us to

Maybe it is time to look to some other printing solutions in Linux. There
is no benefit whatsoever in Apple having ultimate control in CUPS
especially if it is no long a part of their own OS.

Mark de Leon Martinez