[cups] SSL in cups 2.3.3op2

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 05:28:19 PDT 2023

Hi jth,

On Wed Oct 11, 2023 Jörg Thümmler <listen at vordruckleitverlag.de> wrote:
> Another question: I have a Opensuse linux 15.1 running here, cups is
> 2.2.7 still. Installed Mopria on my Android phone. Having a wlan
> 192.168.0... here, where my phone can find the cups 2.2.7 server,
> as it has an ip in this range too and the dhcp server gives an ip
> in same range to my phone.
> Starting Mopria - all printers accessable from this cups server are
> shown. Printing some pdf or graphic file leads to warning "this
> printer can't be accessed by encrypted connections" (or something
> similar, maybe I do not remember correctly and I translated from
> german) with the possibility to cancel or accept. Accepted... and
> it prints out... tried with a local attached hp 401 and a hp 402,
> that is in this lan...
> OK, my phone is an android 6 still but I loaded down the mopria
> app some minutes ago.

I believe older versions of Android get older versions of the app from the Google Play Store if the device doesn't satisfy the minimum Android platform requirement of the latest app.

Older versions of Mopria Print Service were definitely less fussy in finding printers.

I had no luck in finding a CUPS print queue unless mopria-certified=1.3 was in the mDNS/Bonjour advertisement when using either Android 10 or Windows 11 clients.

Cheers,
Doug