[cups] Change job history output sequence in web interface

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Tue Mar 5 15:56:05 PST 2024

Using the CUPS web interface, I can easily reach the page,
<localhost:631/printers/PRINTER?QUERY=&WHICH_JOBS=all&FIRST=400> by
selecting the provided links. But the output is always sorted with
the oldest entry first. Of course, my usual interest is in the most
recent entries and it is silly to have to scroll or click "Next" to
get to those. But I can't find a way to change the sort order.

Is there a solution?

It probably doesn't matter but this is with CUPS 2.4.7 on a fully
updated Fedora 39 system.
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave at compata.com              dhclose at alumni.caltech.edu
     "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."  -- H.G. Wells