[cups] Looking for help to install CUPS

Gopi Nath gopi9348 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 20:31:02 PST 2024

Hi,
I was using cups 1.6.3 so far as my Linux version is 7 and with "yum
install cups" this is the default version came in.

Due to multiple issues we experienced with cups, we found that we haven't
been using latest cups version.

We are trying to install (not upgrade on existing) cups 2.3.3 on Linux
machine (AWS cloud).

CUPS is installing fine however I don't know how to configure url.

For an example, with version 1.6.3 I was able to do -

Systemctl enable cups-browsed
Systemctl start cups-browsed

And then add following lines to cupsd.conf

Listen mycups.com:631
BrowseAddress All
ServerAlias *

This way when I enter mycups.com on browser it was taking me to the cups
web URL. I want to do same thing with 2.3.3 however I am getting 502 bad
gateway. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.