[cups] MacOS clients using n-up printing to CUPS server doubles up the n-up option

Jeff Dyck fsjjeff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:58:34 PDT 2024

OMG, after month of on and off working on this finally got it working - stupidly my biggest error was pruning back my compiled test environment (thinking it would help me focus on just getting the basics working) only to realize weeks later that NOT having the sssd/realm Active Directory support *AND* having some AD groups set as admin in the cups-files.conf was killing it for me.

Anyway, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction - not only do I have a fix for this specific issue, I now have an environment where I can easily compile test versions of CUPS.

Probably going to put up a new question asking about the filter wrappers though as I’m also dealing with issues with the PaperCut provider filter (backend?) which doesn’t pass on a bunch of the job attributes properly.

Jeff