[cups.general] Text printer

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Aug 8 01:45:14 PDT 2005

Hello,

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2003/06/jsmeix_print-cups-filters.html

> I'd like to achieve this using OpenOffice as the program generating the labels.

I guess this doesn't work because I guess OOo will always produce
PostScript for printing (for the usual inkjet and laser printers)
and not plain text (for dot matrix printers).

If I want to print plain text in the standard font used by the printer,
I would simply create the labels as a plain text file using a plain text
editor and not a "monster" like OOo.

Kind Regards,
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de