SysV Options xfered to remote queue

bernd at rhm.de bernd at rhm.de
Fri May 13 08:21:05 PDT 2005

Hi,

we are using CUPS as System-V printing system. We have our own interface scripts in /etc/cups/interfaces which are called from cupsd. Everything woks great except one thing. When we start a printjob with 'lp -dprinter -ooption1 -ooption2 file' the options are passed to our interface script in parameter #5 if it is a local printer, fine! But when the print queue is on a remote system (lpd://system:515/queue) the options are not passed to our script on the remote side.

Is this a bug, a feature our a missing definition in the IPP?

Thanks in advance
Bernd Rieke