Thanks - Re: [cups.general] Howto force a printer to print Grayscale?

Linuxhippy linuxhippy at web.de
Sun May 22 10:53:10 PDT 2005

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience and all the help!

>And the PPD offers a UI choice to select a color model but offers only
>RGB mode.
>Thus, I suspect there is no chance to switch to grayscale mode.
>
>BTW, as those printers usually are disigned to work primarily in a
>Windows environment,
>it is plausible that they only offer rgb colors on input, as the Windows
>GDI only knows
>about RGB colors (and RGB lacks a black channel).

The strange thing is that bundled with the rpm from canon they
distributed a tool called printeruii250 which seems like a frontend for
a configuration-file but its does nothing at all and I don't know why.
It provides a checkbox for setting the printer mode to grayscale, but as
I said the tool does _nothing_. (it even doesn't remeber last settings).

Well, I found a configuration-file directly wired with the filter-binary
and tried to play a bit with it but never made my printer to print
grayscale.
I attached it, maybe someone has seen it before and understands the
magic ;-)

lg Clemens