Optra E310 bad printer

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Mon Nov 7 21:02:22 PST 2005

Drew Einhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Lexmark Optra E310 appears to have a buggy postscript interpreter.

You can try forcing the postscript level down from 3 to 2 or something.
Maybe try printing from a pdf to a postscript file, and then printing
the postscript file? Don't know. I'm guessing here. Have you emailed
Lexmark tech support with a postscript file ( ie output from Acrobat )
that trips out the printer? I suppose they're not exactly going to fix
*your* problem, but they might fix it in the next printer ...

As for alternatives - yes avoid Lexmark. They are one of the companies
using the DMCA to prevent competition. They are suing manufacturers of
compatible toner from distributing their products, claiming it's a DMCA
violation! Of course, Lexmark toner is quite expensive.