device drop down blank web admin

watchdog no_spam_watchdog_but_no_spam at free.fr
Mon Nov 21 05:27:41 PST 2005

Sim Zacks wrote:
> I just restarted cups after adding it and it worked.

> OK, I checked that point but it's true that the problem appeared on
> coming back from my summer working place, where my PC had a static IP
> and a specific hostname, different from "localhost". Back at home, I
> changed my /etc/hosts back to something containing :
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost       localhost.localdomain   summer_hostname
>
> I left the summer_hostname in the aliases, just in case... But still, it
> doesn't work. Is there anything to be done for cupsd to take into
> account the changes in /etc/hosts ?? Should be done automatically, no ?
I can't solve my problem for the moment. With a LogLevel put to "debug2"
in my cupsd.conf, I can see that the CUPS server is listening on 0:631,
i.e. on the IP address 0.0.0.0, which boils down to the "default
network". Is that correct ? And can anyone give me a detailed error_log
file (only need the startup part of it, not all the jobs related logging
:-))

Thx