Re(2): Ricoh Aficio 550

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Oct 7 01:27:27 PDT 2005

Thanks a lot, Dan.

My printer is now recognized by the system but when I try to print something, well..  it doesn't print anything.

During the configuration I had to choose Generic Printer/Postscript Printer.

I found a ppd file in Ricoh's support web site, a postscript driver for Windows server 2003. I copied it in /usr/share/cups/model and in /etc/cups/ppd.

My command line to launch the printing job:

# lpr -Plpsirene test.txt

lpq :
# /usr/bin/lpq.cups
lpsirene is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  root    2       test.txt                        52224 bytes

lpstat command gives me the following informations :
printer lpsirene now printing lpsirene-2.  enabled since Jan 01 00:00
lpsirene-2              root             52224   Fri 07 Oct 2005 10:16:46 AM CEST

Should I try with another ppd file ?