FAO Daniel Hawker, Re PCL to PDF through CUPS

Nicholas Mace cups.general at oxbowbooks.com
Wed Apr 19 09:27:33 PDT 2006

I am trying to contact Daniel Hawker who has posted a number of messages on cups.general regarding a PCL pre-filter for CUPS using GhostPCL.  I am in a similar position to one he described in that we have a legacy system which prints reports in PCL.  I would like to be able to route this printing through CUPS to enable printing on our networked printers and printing to a PDF file.  Daniel responded to another query of this kind to say that he had a rough "How-to" document which, whilst specific to his situation, might be helpful to others and he would gladly pass it on.  I cannot see how to contact Daniel directly but I would very much like to get my hands on his "How-to" document.  If you get this message, I would be grateful if you could respond to cups.general at oxbowbooks.com.  Many thanks.

Best regards,

Nicholas Mace