[cups.general] foomatic and cups: how to make autogenaration work via cups web interface?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:48:05 PDT 2006

Your foomatic-db-engine package is too old. You need at least 20060420
(April 20, 2006) to get this working. With this package installed the
Foomatic PPDs should appear automatically. Especially you should have a
symbolic link /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic which points to
/usr/bin/foomatic-ppdfile (NOTE: Manually setting this link does not
work with older versions of foomatic-db-engine).

If Ubuntu does not provide this version, file a bug at Ubuntu.

   Till