[cups.general] Binary data pass through

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Fri Jan 6 01:38:42 PST 2006

It uncomments the lines starting with "application/octet-stream" in the
end of /etc/cups/mime.types and /etc/cups/mime.convs After doing this
and restarting CUPS all data not matching the rules in
/etc/cups/mime.types will be considered as "application/octet-stream"
(this one has no rule and matches always) and passed through as RAW
according to the "application/octet-stream" line in the end of mime.convs.

This can only be configured on the machine on which the print queue is
set up and affects all queues on this machine. As this is an
administration operation for the CUPS server, it can only appear in
admin GUIs for CUPS, not in printing GUIs like kprinter or xpp. In
Mandriva Linux this configuration is default.

   Till