WinXP Problems

Terry A Haimann terry at Pegasus.oldboy
Thu Jan 12 09:05:52 PST 2006

I am having problems getting my WinXP boxes to print to the linux printer.

I  am running Fedora 2 (Win4Lin Kernal)
	Cups ver 1.1.20
	Samba 3.0.1

The WinXP boxes are connecting over a wireless network.

When I go to install a printer, I point it to my network printer:

	\\networkserver\printer

I select the driver as generic->MS Publisher Color Printer.
The user id & password was set to my linux signon.  Sharing is on.

After the install everything works, I can print from all of my Windows
apps.  But as soon as I reboot the pc, it is no longer able to print,
documents are just left in the spooler.

Any idea what is going on here and how to fix it?