Can't compile espgs, can no longer print

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun Jun 18 03:20:48 PDT 2006

Gary Krupa <accordeoniste at avenuecable.com> wrote (Sunday 18 June 2006
04:21):

> Help! I installed CUPs and it replaced my LPRNG configuration.

Which operating system are you using? If it's Linux, which distro?
Which version?

> So I can no
> longer print that way. When I tried to compile espgs to enable printing to
> my non-postscript printer, it terminated with an error message.

Which error message exactly?

(Unfortunately mankind's ability in guessing such things is rather
limited.)   :-)

> I tried to
> reactivate LPRNG with apsfilter setup and received a message that I'm
> missing libsstdc++.so.5, so it won't work. I can't find that library
> online.

* If you are running SUSE Linux 10.0, it is part of a package called
  "compat-libstdc++".

* If you are running SUSE Linux 9.x, it is part of a package called
  "libstdc++".

* If you are running (K)Ubuntu or $Debian, it's a package called
  "libstdc++5".

More I don't know. More precise answers you'd get faster if you
provided precise info about your problem+environment.

> Can someone guide me to either using CUPS or re-installing LPRNG?

Why don't you use the pre-build packages of your distro vendor?

> I'm a newbie with CUPS and I'm feeling rather lost at this point.

I'm a newbie to your system, and I'm feeling lost too, because I
know nothing about it.

> Thank you!

Cheers,
Kurt