Problems with CUPs

Scott Vetter svetter at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 19 11:51:36 PST 2007

  In addition:  I tried restarting CUPs by the command: /etc/init.d/cups restart and received the message: Starting cupsdcupsd: Child exited with status 1!
startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/cupsd: 2
                                                                     failed

   In the messages file I received: cupsd: Unable to read configuration file '/etc/cups/cupsd.conf' - exiting!

   The file is there and I can read it.  The attributes for the file are:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lp   lp     22226 2007-02-19 14:32 cupsd.conf