[cups.general] Network printer: remote jobs hang, print if requeued locally

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Mon Jun 25 23:06:40 PDT 2007

Hello,

a clarification:

> > ... printing
> > from Windows client machines using the Windows printer driver
> > doesn't work (because somehow the CUPS "auto-typing" didn't
> > always result "raw"-printing
> > ... as far as I know usually a Windows printer driver is used
> > when printing from Windows and then "raw" is correct.

With "Windows printer driver" I meant that the Windows client has
the native print driver for the target printer installed.

With >>CUPS "auto-typing" didn't always result "raw"-printing<<
I meant that CUPS "auto-typing" didn't always result "raw"-printing
when the Windows client has the native print driver for the target
printer installed.

> Raw printing is only feasible if the Windows client has the native
> print driver for the target printer installed (PostScript or not),

Yes.

The question is, what happens more often "out there at usual users":
Using the native print driver for the target printer on the Windows
client or anything else? And the next question is what a usual user is.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex