[cups.general] How do I manage quotas?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jun 27 10:53:38 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 07:12:15PM +0200, Klaus Singvogel wrote:

> Well, I tried out to get the software (again), and my experience is,
> that we cannot grab it, are unable to add it to our distribution.
> It seems that we have to pay for getting access (i.e. login/passwort
> needs to be payed).

This is only the case if you want packaged releases. In this case
you're right, you have to pay the price for obtaining a login and
password.

If you, as a representative of a prominent software packager and
distributor, don't want to (or can't) pay the (modest) price asked to
remunerate the people who do the work of packaging, then you CAN
download the software anyway, and hundreds of people do it (or I
would be really rich already).

Please notice the irony of the situation : you want me to pay for
the SuSe distribution because you've put great work on packaging all
the FREE software it includes, but you don't want to pay me for the
packages of the FREE software I've put great work on packaging and
putting online on my own. Isn't it a bit contradictory ?

To download PyKota, PyKotIcon and Tea4CUPS from
http://www.pykota.com without paying a dime, you must use subversion
(aka the svn command), as explained at on the website. I think
you've missed these informations.

The two other software available from this website (pkpgcounter and
pkipplib) are directly available as tarballs for no fee.

I thought GNU/Linux distribution makers knew how to use subversion,
it seems it's not the case, if so I'm sorry for you. I can't help
you nor provide you with a free entry pass to http://www.pykota.com
without you first contributing something in exchange, like code,
patches, translations, bug reports, and the like (you probably know
what I mean).

BTW there's a link on the website to navigate you through the
subversion repository, if you do so and look into the /tags/
directory, I'm sure you'll find it easier...

Hoping you'll better get it now : please do your work of
software packager and distributor, and I'll do my own as a coder who
have no interest in wasting my own time packaging stuff for people
like you (SuSe, not you Klaus).

Sorry for the hard words ;-)

BTW I think this thread should be moved elsewhere.

bye

Jerome Alet