general performance

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 01:30:21 PST 2007

munroe wrote:

> To respond to the other poster:
>
> I have tested windows printing with both the PCL driver and ths PS
> driver, both of them perform about the same (in windows).

"The other poster" didn't ask about your Windows' PCL or PS performance.
He proposed to you to tweak some specific parameters of your Linux' CUPS
configuration.

Did you do that? What were the results?

And to add another specific question: does your "general performance"
problem show up only with the PDF you named, or does it occur with other
jobs too?

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS