IPP printing from Windows 2003 - requesting username contains domain

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Wed Oct 24 07:53:28 PDT 2007

Hi!

We're having trouble with the username sent by Windows 2003
(Terminal Server) when printing to a CUPS server. It contains not only
the username, but also the domain of the user. That is, instead of
'jsmith', we're getting 'jsmith.windows.domain', which is hard to match
to usernames on the Linux system.

Does anyone know how to configure the windows server to send only the
username?

This is of course not a CUPS problem, so I hope the moderator doesn't
get too angry. The answer is probably of interest to many CUPS
administrators.

Thanks,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00