[cups.general] CUPS Java API ?

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 18 09:14:52 PDT 2008

Rongfeng.Mao at us.sogeti.com wrote:
> 1) Is there a place where I can find the full release of CUPS Java API?

In CUPS 1.3.x, look in scripting/java.

As I mentioned in another posting, this Java code is largely
unmaintained and has been dropped from CUPS 1.4.x.

> 2) How can we handle scheduling? For example, print a file at midnight
> every day. Is this handled by CUPS scheduler itself? If so, where should
> I look into.

If you want a job to print at midnight, you can use the job-hold-until
attribute with the time to print.  Keep in mind that the hold time is
expressed in UTC and *not* local time.  For example, if you are on the
US East cost you'd use the following option to print a job at
midnight:

     lp -o job-hold-until=05:00 filename

If you want to schedule the generation and printing of a report at
midnight, the usual way is to use cron or at to schedule things.